August 18, 2010

So here I am...

Well, here I am, determined to try this blogging....again. Not sure where I'm gonna find the time, but I feel compelled to give this a shot. Inspired and encouraged by friends I am here.

My rational for attempting to squeeze one more thing into my already full-to-the-seams day? The almost panic-like urge I feel to record the every day happenings of my life, not that my life is so important, but that life itself, in it's crazy, messy, chaotic (did I say messy?) way, is important. Very important.

(I also think that I need to brush up on correct comma usage.)

Not that this life is permanent; rather it's almost painfully short and is so fleeting when compared to eternity. But I'm coming to see that it's the little things in life, the seemingly insignificant and mondane tasks, that are the truly significant moments in life. Even more important is how I handle those moments. Folding mountains of little socks, washing endless stacks of dishes, making yet ANOTHER meal (when I'm almost certain that I just cleaned up from the previous meal) all while juggling tempermental toddlers and attempting to stay sane for the sake of my husband, become feats of virtue when done to bless my family and bring glory to God.

I'm nearly certain that when I stand before God at the end of this life, He's not going to ask me what my degree was, what position I had at work, or even if I kept my house pristine. Rather, I believe He's going to ask me if I was faithful with what I was given: my dear husband, my beautiful babies, and our little plot of land. And...if I enjoyed the journey.

So, I wanna remember and laugh at and learn from the messy little daily adventures that come our way. Someday I want to scroll back through these years and see how God was working in and through me when I thought I was just doing laundry, cleaning, and cooking.

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as if they were great and noble."   Helen Keller

No comments: