November 23, 2010

The Latest Toddler-isms

While I was rocking Ava after naptime, Jack read through almost all of the 26 miniture alphabet books we have - one for each letter. Some of his interpretations were pretty funny to me, so I'm taking a moment to record them:

In the "R" book:
-a sunny picture of a river with trees and a blue sky. Jack's interpretation: "nice out"

-a picture of a radio. Jack's interpretation: "pewter" (computer)

In the "X" book:
-a picture of an x-ray of a hand. Jack's interpretation: "a naughty hand"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During our *somtimes* (must.be.more.consistent.) morning Bible story reading along with Streams in the Dessert for kids and My Utmost for His Highest for kids, I was promted by the story to ask Jack and Ava what they thought God wanted.

"A crown," Ava stated with near certainty.

"Yes, a crown," said almost always agreeable Jack.

"God is a King," I reply. "But God really wants something else."

"Oh," says Ava. She's got this figured out now. "Flowers!"

"Yeah," chimes in Jack, "flowers."

"Flowers are nice," I say. "But God really wants...you!"

"Oh," was the lack luster reply.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

again, your kids are too cute!!

Amanda said...

I love your kids and their "Toddler-isms." They are a clear picture of the simple thoughts and innocence that children have. I agree with Kelly---they are too cute!!

Elizabeth said...

Love it!

Kristy said...

Hi there! I stumbled upon your blog (thru my friend Beth's blog) a while back and have loved reading it. You write so beautifully. Hope its ok I'm following along!


This post was precious! Kids say the best stuff!!