November 30, 2010

Today's Toddler-isms

I was busy doing something, sorta tuning out the never ending toddler noise around me, when my ears caught the little girl voice chirping out, "I will jump on your back, Jack! That will feel better, okay?"

Huh? Feel better than what? What's going on!?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack and Ava LOVE the song "Farmer in the Dell," and we were fortunate to acquire Uncle Isaac's old "Farmer in the Dell" book. They both like to page through it and sing. This is what I usually hear,

"Da farmer in da dell. Da farmer in da dell. Hi Ho da derry-o, da farmer in da dell."

"Da farmer takes a life. Da farmer takes a life. Hi Ho da derry-o, da farmer takes a life."

For those unfamiliar with the tune, it's supposed to be "wife" not "life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jack: I have a poopy in my diaper!

Ava: I will change your diaper, Jack!

Jack: No, Ava, you're too wittle (little).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was reading the morning Bible story to Jack and Ava, and this particular morning the story was about Joshua and the Israelites marching around Jericho.

Jack was making spitting sounds throughout the whole story, but since he wasn't actually spitting, I just went with it.

At the end of the story, I asked the kids what they thought Joshua did.

The only reply was Jack's who said, "I spit Jonah out of my mouth!"

*sigh* Close enough.


2 comments:

Amanda said...

I just love to hear what they say! They are so darn cute:)

Jess said...

I can just hear those little voices!