November 14, 2011

Together

I had forgotten what day it was, the anniversary of all that...that....whatever those memories are. He had been gone for two days, away in the city working with his distributors, and I had been away at my parents' for the same two days diving back into the homeschool group of my youth head first.

And when it came time to head home and I realized what day it was and I realized I had not yet spoken to him that day AND I realized that I had only planned leftover soup for supper, I felt guilty. Guilty for not remembering what day it was 'til now, guilty for not knowing if I was supposed to acknowledge to him that I knew what day it was, and guilty for planning the leftovers of his least favorite meal to mark the occasion.

We pulled onto the highway that would take us home, and I glanced in the rear view mirror. To my pleasant surprise, I could see his vehicle less than a mile behind me. Somehow, after two days of being hundreds of miles apart, and after two days of having our attentions focused on things so different, we ended up here, on the same road at the same time, heading home together.

So that's what I'll take the the memories for. They were the road we shared together, those experiences we faced together - however differently - and those things that glued us together. And now we are here with different challenges and different duties, but our eyes are still fixed on the same goal - just getting home to be together.

#361. doing this life thing together with him
#362. that God saw the original Adam's need for companionship and created the woman and told them to exercise dominion over this world in different ways, but together
#363. being at home, the four us, together
#364. working on the basement project together
#365. finding ourselves on the same road home at the same time....together

Ann from A Holy Experience  is busy writing about Ecuador this week so I'm not linking up to "Multitudes on Monday" today. But click over HERE and read what she has to say about God giving the world all the resources it needs and choosing us to distribute those resources.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Even the simplest of your posts are breath-taking.

Kelly said...

This post makes me teary for a number of reasons. I love the relationship you guys have. It is awesome! Makes me so happy for you guys! Also, I love how you can take your crazy life and can see the perfection God has planned for you. I relate to this post because Matt and I have too driven close enough to see eachother on that same road...leading us to the middle of nowhere but a home full of love and craziness! I recognize the hard work you both put into this life and even though you are doing different things, you are doing them for eachother! I am still in awe looking at Adam's pics as a snipper. What a hero and a miracle to have him in our life! ok, i will stop...but so can't wait to hear about the basement project on thursday!!

Unknown said...

Cassie....this is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

Lisa said...

Lovely! Capturing the goodness in small moments like this is so important.