June 11, 2012

The Things We Love {May & June}

Just a few of the things I love around here this time of year....



Bouquets of Lily of the Valley from the neighbor lady and my little girl scenting up the dining room



The way these two look forward to this every week. You and I may never understand it.
(For those of you who get freaked out by kids riding on mowers, they are seat-belted together and to the mower. Also, Daddy is wearing ear protection, too - the small expensive Matco-branded kind.)



Quiet early morning coffee and reading on the deck



Freshly picked wild asparagus (of course we love the stuff out of our patch, too, but it tastes just a little bit better when I beat the entire county to picking it out of the ditch)

{no photo - we ate it up too fast}

The first berries out of our garden for the year



 Beach towels drying on the deck



Blooming Peonies
{no photo - the blasted wind stripped the last of the petals off before I got out there with my camera}

Bouquets of wild flowers gracing our table




Impromtu naps. It's just always a shame I have to end them early in order to avoid even more bedtime procrastination.



Handfuls of freshly picked spinach out of the garden in our morning smoothies (along with the very last of last year's berries.


5 comments:

Lisa said...

It's a good thing last year's berries made it until this year's started to arrive! Your photos are so beautiful.

And... I didn't even bat an eye when the lawn mower photo came up. I have a feeling they are way safer than I used to be when I started driving one on my own. :-)

Jess said...

Fresh picked spinach in smoothies... Amen.

Kelly said...

oh my your pics are gorgeous!!! I have a feeling Jack wouldn't even try to jump off that mower, i bet he is in heaven!
I want some of that coffee and kudos to you for reading for your husband.
I can smell the flowers from here!!
Beautiful strawberries too!! yum!! Looks like you are enjoying the small things in life!

Amanda said...

I love the simplicity of this post. And all of the photos.

What did you put in your smoothie? I can't believe that your spinach is that big. It looks delicious.

Unknown said...

Oh that nap photo is the BEST! I love it and all your June pictures and doings!