September 17, 2010

Middle Cullen Tribute

We live for our lakes here in Minnesota. And rightfully so; we've got a lot of 'em and they have a lot to offer.

But what is it about a bunch of water that has us all so mesmerized? Why do we buy boats/pontoons/jet skis and cram as many people as possible onto them to float around on the water? Why do we risk our lives by strapping ourselves to skis, hanging on to tubes, and kneeling on kneeboards pulled by boats at 20 miles an hour around a lake? Why will I stress myself to the max just to get to the beach at least once a week during the summer? Why do my kids play so much better and for so much longer at the water's edge?

I don't really know the answers to those questions, and I really don't even care to know. I love "the lake" and ultimately it brings our family together, so I'll just leave it at that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One morning on our Middle Cullen Lake vacation not so long ago, my sister-in-law and I woke up early to make egg bake and rolls for our group. We pulled up the shades to reveal this:







And while our calorie laden breakfast cooked in the oven, the boys who were awake did this:







With a show of brotherly love, those same boys later did this:


And after a challenging evening, I got up early the next morning to go for a walk by myself and found this:







2 comments:

Amanda said...

Very cool...love the tubing photo.

Kelly said...

I really think you should blow up one of those lake photos! It shows complete peace! Agree with Amanda, the tubing photo is so funny.