January 20, 2011

Glorious

I've been trying to stay really positive about winter this year. There are so many reasons to not like winter, especially now that I currently don't ski like I used to (the 6+ winters in a row that I did ski NEVER had this much snow).

The snow is now higher in the ditches than the road. Today we saw windchills of 40 below zero. Fun.

But I really don't want to complain. I really don't. People complain about the cold, and then oddly enough, 6 months later they complain about the heat. I would never dream of complaining about the heat. Ninety degrees and humidity? Ahhhh, bliss.

So when it comes to the cold, I'll bundle up and bite my tongue. And what's more, despite cabin fever, kids climbing up the walls, and ground temperatures hovering just above the not-so-great zone for geo-thermal furnaces, I will look for the beauty. I will stop and gaze at the meringue top fields, the icing covered trees, the city lights stretching long fingers of glowing light into the colder than cold night sky.

And I'll sing these words with David Crowder:

The day is brighter here with You
The night is lighter than its hue

Would lead me to believe
Which leads me to believe


You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
Yeah, You make everything glorious
And I am Yours
What does that make me?


My eyes are small but they have seen
The beauty of enormous things
Which leads me to believe
There's light enough to see
Oh, that



You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
Yeah, You make everything glorious
And I am Yours
What does that make me?


Go check out some more circles captured over at i should be folding laundry.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Jess said...

Oh yay you! I went out last night and managed to pop ONE (badly focused) shot off between my camera nearly falling off my tripod TWICE before I totally gave up. I blamed the wind. Yuck.

David Crowder Band is one of my favs. :)

Kelly said...

I am so impressed with your moon shots! I love the blue hue. They make winter look gorgeous!! Great shots!!

In Everything said...

I saw the moon out the other night and it was beautiful!!! I soo meant to get back outside to attempt to snap a pic;)

These are great!! And perfect for the theme;)

BindiM said...

Love your photos of the moon. Great circles!

Lisa said...

This is a beautiful post! It's kind of like deja vu because I also posted about and tried to capture the moon last night. My pictures are um, highly lacking compared to yours, but it's still the same brilliant moon.

Stay warm in the deep freeze!

Patricia Hein said...

Noah, Abram and I were in the car when the moon was so low and full. Noah said, "Grandma look at the moon!" Otherwise, I wouldn't have noticed its beauty. Sometimes it takes a child to remind us to look around at all of the beautiful gifts God has given us!