January 27, 2011

Happiness Is...

...a quiet Sunday afternoon.

Just the husband, the tots, and I.

With afternoon naps being severed from the kids' routine a few weeks ago, I'm still trying to create a new low-key activity to fill that void, something they look forward to, something I can rely on.

But Sundays are different, and during our after-church dinner this past frigid weekend, I proposed two afternoon activities for the whole family:
#1. build a fleet of spaceships using every.single.Duplo block (this was inspired by Jack's slightly smaller fleet built the previous day without any prompting from me, but he and his sister cleaned the whole thing up on their own before I could take a single picture)
#2. build the biggest, most elaborate train station we could with the wooden train set we gave Jack for Christmas
We did both.....and even combined the efforts.

Everybody had fun.

Everybody worked together.

Everybody was happy....even if I never made it into a single photo.

























Oh, and the milk cartons? In this case, they were sky scapers. But why do we have them? Don't ask.



Photobucket


To check out more happiness, go visit this week's photo challenge over at i should be folding laundry by clicking HERE

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I am glad you clarified the milk cartons...I was worried you have become a hoarder!!
But, what a great idea! Again, your so creative and what a perfect task for the kids!
It is fun to see Adam relaxing! That is what Sunday's are ALL about!

Amanda said...

Great post. Most of the time I am also "not in the picture" (unless I take one of myself or one of the kids takes one.) I love watching your "Sunday Afternoon."

Jess said...

The lighting is really nice in your first shot, I like how they're framed by the lines of your ceiling. So colorful and fun!

thatgirlblogs said...

good to see y'all are drinking your milk LOL.

visiting from you-capture

Adventures as a Small Town Mom said...

what an adorable family! I love the skyscrappers.

Jennifer said...

Great shots! My daughter would love the milk carton skyscrapers. About a year ago she started a "store" at my mom's house. She has empty boxes of all kinds of stuff and she "rings it through" on her cash register. The containers keep growing and growing and thank goodness they are stored at my parents' house.

Looks like you had a great day. :)

Patricia Hein said...

Love all the little milk cartons (skyscrapers) you keep for the kids. What a wonderful world little children live in. To make milk cartons skyscrapers...how cute!