April 22, 2011

In Search of Spring

Spring has been a bit illusive this year.

A few warms days one week. Snow the next. Icy winds. Precipitation falling from the sky in every conceivable form. And an endless string of days with no sunshine.

But despite winter's lingering grasp on us up here in the northern portion of the Midwest, we are slowly noticing some signs of spring.

Crinkled rhubarb leaves emerge from the deep dark depths. It's just a taste of all the gardening glory to come, and I'm trying. to. be. patient.




We are slowly shedding layers of clothing....and replacing them with layers of mud.



We're venturing to the park,


and venturing down the road...


...in search of spring.

Photobucket

Spring's out there. I promise. Go see for yourself HERE.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I totally agree. I love the photo of Jack's muddy hand! Great job with the photos. And summer will be here soon...hopefully we will be in the garden by then:)

Jess said...

Your rhubarb is beautiful, so crinkly and amazing. How can it do that? Isn't it amazing every year when it suddenly pops up out of the ground like that!?

Right now, I do not believe Spring will come. I potted up my 25 strawberry plants that came in the mail, in the house. Next, I think we'll need Noah's ark.

Camille said...

Great photos of the kids...too fun! All. That. Mud. Oh...I remember the days! They won't always want to get muddy...really. :)