April 14, 2011

Reasons to Smile

Lots of reasons to smile around here now that spring has finally arrived.

Just being outside is reason enough to smile. And having almost all of our snow melt in about a week and half gives us even more reason. One 65 degree day and one 71 degree took care of the last of the snow, and since these photos were taken, the grass has started to green.



Ava is back to "treasure collecting," one of her favorite pass times, and that makes me smile.




Despite the mess of it all, mud makes us all smile. And muddin' out in the driveway with a motorcycle is worthy of lots of smiles.....and laundry.



Other reasons to smile? Strawberry plants arriving in the mail. My beautiful garden drying off. Wearing flip flops to town. The way the husband and I are agonizing over whether or not to get a dog - we have never been this commitment shy - it humors me.

Photobucket

for more smiles, click HERE

3 comments:

Jess said...

Ava is so beautiful!

Glad to hear you're drying out. I'm terrified because my strawberry plants are on their way here, and my garden is a swamp... and four to eight inches of snow possible tonight.

Ah, the dog dilema. If our dog hadn't landed in our lives, we would likely still be debating getting one. She's the hugest pain in the rear ever, but even so her good attributes outweigh the bad. Well, most days.

Kelly said...

Just hearing that your strawberry plants are on their way makes me smile! (the pics of your adorable kids as well) Can't wait to see them on Tuesday!!
Flip flops already...I am gonna go dig mine out! YIPEE!!

Lisa said...

I think you may have some of the world's cutest kids. :-)

Also, in case you need a tie- breaker, I vote you get a dog! (When you think the time is right.) I suppose I'm biased, but they can really be a wonderful, loyal and loving friend.