April 27, 2011

My Last Shred of Sanity

Because having two 3-year-olds just isn't enough...

Because teaching obedience, respect, and brotherly love to toddlers is so easy...

Because I love potty training...

Because my house is too clean...

Because I have so much time on my hands...

Because I wasn't sure what I was going to do with that last shred of sanity...

...we got a dog. A puppy, really.

And not just any run-of-the-mill puppy. Nope. We don't do things the easy way around here. Ever.

We got a pure-bred German Shepherd who will need lots of socializing, lots of exercise, and lots of training before reaching adulthood in order to prevent that weird German Shepherd syndrome. And yes, I'm sure some of you are shrieking and wondering why we would get a dog that eats babies. But after some research, we learned they don't actually eat people....even small ones. We learned the reasons why they turn out to be weird, hyper, and stupid dogs....much like the German Shepherds I remember from my past. They are typically a reflection of their owners....or at least the efforts their owners put into their training.

And because I am never weird or hyper, this will be easy.








And no. I'm not in a sarcastic mood today.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hahaha! I LOVE this! You are one brave woman! I just went and had another baby...I think you're more of a dare devil than I am!

What's his name?? He is pretty cute (and I'm glad he's not a people eater!).

Kelly said...

You sarcastic?? NEVER!! :)
Look how complete your family is with a dog in the middle! Aww, just love it! And I think Adams smile is just a little bigger too! You guys are the perfect family to get such a demanding dog. I love cuddling with her!

(Cute Easter family pic!)

Amanda said...

I agree with Kelly...Adams smile is a little bigger. And so is Jacks. I love your new addition to your family!

Jess said...

Cassie I love this!

Your family is so beautiful...

As much as she is a gigantic pain in the rear, I do love our huge beast of a dog.

Kalee said...

Your new pup is adorable!! It'll be a love-lots/love-not-so-much relationship, but they're nice to have around.:)