May 16, 2011

So Many Things

There's always so much I'd like to say here. There are so many things I'm mulling over in my mind, things I want to remember, things I want to learn from....

But I simply do not have the time....

And now here I sit before going to bed, inspirationless, slightly sunburned, and wishing sleep didn't consume such a large portion of my day.

But even with fatigue pulling on me, my heart is so full. Maybe it's the way my skin feels after being in the sun all day. Maybe it's the taste of the first amazingly sweet and tart rhubarb dessert of the season. Maybe it's all these things.....so many things......and God giving me the capacity to take it all in, teaching me to relish the little things in life and see them as big things..... to slow down despite the never ending to-do-list, to give that hug, to kiss the owie, to admire the picture colored just for me, to answer the question with my full attention, to sit on the deck for a few minutes with the husband, to pet the dog......

So many things.....like these:

#256. planting strawberries with my little girl
#257. Jack Hammer teaching me how to drive the tractor - literally. "Push here Momma!" He points as he sits on my lap while I try to remember how to mow with that thing. "Like this Momma!" circling his hand around trying to tell me to turn around as I come to the end of the perfectly straight diagonal row started by the husband.
#258. a cloudless blue sky
#259. a forecast with 4 straight days of no "possible rain showers"
#260. the husband checking out the asparagus patch
#261. 2 tots playing in the fence so well for so long while Mom and Dad mow, mow, mow
#262. the smiling faces of strangers from a different church and way of life
#263. perfect 4 part harmony found with the single blow of a pitch pipe
#264. the heat of the grill on my face
#265. the husband vacuuming a day's worth of dirt and grit of the kitchen floor for me without me asking....again

Not taking the time to grab the pretty "Multitude on Mondays" button or link up over at Holy Experience, but if you want to see why I count or just simply read a blog that will change the way you think, click on the beautiful black button with the white tree towards the top of my blog.

No comments: