June 2, 2011

I Can Tell

Summer is here.

The weather may not always indicate it.

And the solstice has not arrived yet.

But it's summer.

I could tell by the amount of stuff I had to carry in from the vehicle at the end of Memorial Day weekend. I could tell by how the kitchen looked after three days of quick breakfasts and making food to take to family picnics.  I could tell by how tired the kids were for days.  I could tell by how tired I was for days.

I could tell by the little gleam in the husband's eyes as he'd flash me a smile while we busily prepped for the next event. I could tell by all the homemade popsicle stains on the kids' clothes.

I can tell by two little blond heads getting blonder. I can tell by how they sleep at night.

I can tell by the lake back-pack I keep stocked now sitting in its ready-to-go spot.

I hope we enjoyed the quiet of winter, because summer is here.  Beautiful, busy, messy, and sticky.





























5 comments:

Jess said...

YAY for summer. Finally, finally, finally...

Love your family photo. So adorable.

Amanda said...

I love love love these photos! Each one says so much.

Hopefully the weather cooperates enough for us to have a good summer.

Jack and Ava are getting so big. They have changed so much since last summer.

It's crazy to see Adam back in uniform.

Great post!

Elizabeth said...

Great pictures Cassie! I love summer! It's just so nice to go outside in bare feet and not have the need to put ten layers on first!

Unknown said...

Love all the photos! Beautiful photography!

Lisa said...

Looks like a wonderful start to summer!!