October 8, 2010

Lest I Forget

I was standing on the kitchen floor, cleaning up after some meal and overheard the kids playing in the play room. Jack was busy cooking something on their kitchen set, and he presented Ava with whatever he had made.

Ava in her crystal clear little girl voice declares, "Oh thank you Jack! Good job! It's beautiful!"


(Okay, so the picture is 9 months old, but it goes with the story)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We prayed for our supper, thanking God for the food and dug into the meal. The microwave beeped, reminding me that I still had cooked broccoli to serve the kids. I bring it over to the table and dish up a portion of the veggies to Jack and Ava.

Ava looks at the steaming green pile and then at me. "We need to pray to the broccoli!"

I laugh and say, "How about we pray to God and thank Him for the broccoli?"

(Again, old photo that fits the story)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adam and I were working on our never-ending landscaping project one weekend afternoon.

Ava had been sitting on Adam's tractor for awhile and when she decided she was done, she stood on the platform (or floor?) of the tractor (I really don't know what else to call it) and called out, "Jack! Help me down!"

Being in a jovial mood, he quips "Okay" and runs to the tractor, climbs on to the mower deck, and wraps his arms around her hips. He picks her up and steps backwards off the tractor. They both spill to the ground and Ava cries. Jack bounces back up and attempts to sooth Ava.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were getting ready to go for a bike ride and ing and ping were climbing into their bicycle trailer. I begin to buckle them in when Ava declares she doesn't want to be buckled in. I explain to her we must be buckled in behind the bike.

Ava states, "Oh to keep us safe from the bugs."

"No dear," I return, "the screen keeps the bugs off. The buckles keep you safe in case of an accident."

Ava looks at me and says, "Oh. But I won't pee in the stroller.

Not that kind of accident.

3 comments:

Camille said...

What a sweet, sweet post! And yes, it is amazing that we forget these things, unless we record them! How lovely that you had photos to go with the narrative. :)

Blessings,
Camille

Amanda said...

Love the photos (it doesn't matter that they are old) and the stories. Your kids are so precious!

Unknown said...

Oh, the things kids say:) So sweet! I'm a new reader, nice to "meet" you!!