March 9, 2011

Expo Review

I took shockingly few photos of our first Matco Tools Expo. Maybe it was the constant stark lighting, maybe it's because I have a hard time settling for "snapshots," or maybe I was just taking a vacation from everything...including taking pictures.

Plus I had to stay on top of a strict regimen of spf 15 application, rotating on the pool lounger from front to back, swimming in the pool, and soaking in the hot tub. It was important to get that all in before it was time to get ready for each evening's festivities.

Anyway, per request of my few regular readers, here are a few moments from Tool Expo 2011: Own the Streets.



The view we woke up to on the first morning overlooking the spa.



Heading out for a morning walk on the resort's nature trail, I looked back to see the rear of the building.


The back of Rosen Shingle Creek Resort and a little peek of Shingle Creek itself. What you can't see is the wing containing 3 ballrooms, each ballroom larger than a super Wal Mart. Two ballrooms were occupied by Matco, one for the actual Expo with all of the suppliers and vendors and one for the various conferences, seminars, and events Matco held. Plus the resort included 4 outdoor pools, tennis courts, a volleyball court, a fishing pond (?), multiple restaurants, and shops.


Part of the headwaters of the everglades.


We enjoyed street painter entertainment to kick off the National Business Conference.






As an encore, he painted Einstein, each stroke to the beat of music - upside down.


One of the 2 not-so-great photos we actually got of us together. This one was taken by a garbage can, meaning I propped my camera on the trash can, set the timer, and ran. Attire for the entire event was mostly this casual, and here we are headed to our Regional Awards Ceremony.


And here is Matco Tools, nearly 3000 total in attendance, having lunch on the terrace.


I did tour the Expo floor a few times with the husband. Air hammers, sockets, diagnostic equipment......well, I just don't understand those things, but it was fun to see so many vendors and so many distributors excited about quality products. Adam spent a LOT of time drooling over the new Benchmade knives Matco will now be supplying, and we both simply fell in love with the latest food line to join the Matco team: Jittery Joes coffee.


4 comments:

Jess said...

First, I just have to tell you how ridiculously excited I get when I see a new post from you pop up in my reader. I adore your little place here. :)

Second, I think taking a vacation from taking pictures is perfectly reasonable. It's hard to really experience something with a camera stuck to your head, you know?

Your "couple" selfie is cute. Yay for you for thinking of doing that, and HOORAY to your hubby for playing along!

Kelly said...

I was so excited that you posted Expo pics! First of all, that hotel is bigger than anything I have ever seen! CRAZY! It is so nice to see you guys wearing shorts and living in sunshine for a few days!! Looks like a lot of fun! Love the pic of you two together! Glad you got it! Even if a garbage can took it, someones gotta do it!

Lisa said...

Your "snapshots" are fabulous pictures! Love that there is also one of you and Adam, as I know the main picture-taker often ends up with no photos they are actually in.

Hope the post-vacation blues have disappeared for you!

Camille said...

Wonderful post! How fun that you were able to go away together like that (even if it was business)...looked like a little fun too. :)

Many blessings,
Camille

P.S. I like the photo the garbage can took. :)