October 31, 2011

The Glad Game

So there is where I find myself early on a Monday morning, sitting in a semi-dark living room wondering when the sun will ever come up, kids awake a bit too early and now tousling in my bed, husband dutifully downstairs in his office already, washing machine chugging bravely away in the face of mountains of laundry, dishwasher catching up after a do-nothing, lounge around Sunday.

I'm staring in the face at so.many.projects. Some that I've put off too long, some a bit daunting, some I just don't want to do. Who said being a stay-at-home mom was dull? I'm not quite sure how it will all fit together, especially this possibly co-directing a large drama production thing, you know, with life and laundry and stuff.

So when the fridge begs a run to the grocery store and when there are suitcases to unpack after a week of traveling and when there are prop lists to make and a script to re-analyze, I will recognize all this fullness as from God's hands and play a little "Glad Game" myself.

#351. an unplugged Sunday afternoon - no cell phones, no computers
#352. the opportunity to travel with the husband as a family
#353. getting away for a week
#354. coming back home
#355. a yard full of leaves again, big yellow maple leaves
#356. reading Pollyanna again
#357. seeing something new every time I revisit this favorite childhood story
#358. the story of a little girl who changed a town with her lifesong to look for the good in everything and everyone
#359. the depth of the characters in what I always thought was a simple little story
#360. being moved to tears by a story I've known my whole life

4 comments:

Patricia said...

Cassie...the time will go by quickly and all of a sudden your house will be quiet. The kids will be gone off to college and/or married. You and your husband will look at each other and wonder where the time has gone. Print out all of your wonderful blogs because some day you will go through them and cherish them even more. You all are so blessed to have such a wonderful family. Thanks God!

Lisa said...

Awwh, I love Pollyanna! I'm also certain your life is never dull. Always a lot to do I'm sure, and you are so good at finding the beauty in everyday things.

Jess said...

I have never read that book. For real.

Glad to see you counting here again.

Unknown said...

Love the Glad Game!!!