August 5, 2011

Firsts

My little girl picked herself out a fab outfit the other day, and the two of us headed out to the garden together while Jack-Hammer pushed all the trikes and tractors out to the tomatoes.

We found more beans and the first of the cucumbers.

{I told you her outfit was fab}


And just this morning the three of  us each picked the first few beets, more cukes, and the first head of purple cabbage.



 Then, I took a self potrait with my leafy greens. Can you find me?



The most exciting firsts of all are these:


Popcorn ears.


Linking up to KinderGardens.

7 comments:

Jess said...

What an exciting harvest!

No beans or cucumbers here. How do you have greens yet? Mine have all bolted!

Hmmm... I would like to have seen the choice of footwear to go with that fab outfit. ;)

Amanda said...

I am nervous to comment on your blog... All I will say about your photos is they are fabulous!

I am jealous of your cucumber! None here yet.

I love Ava's fab outfit. Very cute.

Shayne said...

Your beets look fantastic!

Kelly said...

My favorite pic is of course the one we had to find you!! So funny! Your pics look awesome and Ava is the prettiest girl!! I am so wanting your cucumber! Maybe someday!

Jess-keep in mind that Cassie planted her garden later than anyone (due to the rain) and her her greens are kickin my butt!

Can we come over for popcorn one night?

Mama Bean said...

What a great haul! :) I like the pretty red silk on the popcorn. Hope everything tasted yummy yummy

Kirsten said...

hooray! what beautiful veggies! i agree...the pink popcorn silk is so pretty!

Unknown said...

Your daughter dresses like mine! Looks like a wonderful harvest!