August 10, 2011

A Good Day

Today was what you would call a good day.

Not that other recent days have been bad, but today was just good.

After a few hours of work where my last day as a nurse analyst was chosen, I met the brunettes at the coffee shop for a few hours of photo class.

{taking pictures without them knowing: +5 points}

{having the bravery to take a group selfie in a public place: +10 points}
{horrible white balance: -5 points}

After photos, chatting, and cold coffee drinks, I pulled into the yard to find the perfect opportunity for some depth of field homework. I call this series "Twins."

{seizing the moment for homework: +5 points
iffy composition: -3 points}

Then I walked in the house to see the husband vacuuming the entire main floor, the kids quietly playing Legos, and our favorite William Joseph mix tinkling over the speakers in the living room.  And I'm not even joking.

We spent the rest of the afternoon outside admiring the first sunflower blooms, picking the first 2 ripe tomatoes, and putzing around in flower beds.

While beets cooked on the stove, we shucked sweet corn, and sliced cucumbers for supper.


{getting 2 group selfies in 1 day: +20 points}



We relished our supper of garden produce and a succulent pork roast, the kids asking for more beets (yes, really), and all of us ooohing and ahhhing over the sweet corn from Nanna and Poppa.

{taking pictures during supper without getting the new camera dirty: +2 points}
{not fully understanding white balance: -10 points}

It almost sounds like a dream doesn't it? But it really all happened just this way.

{soaking up a good day: +100 points}

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow! you had a really good day! Not only did you getto hang out at the coffee shop with us, but your hubby cleaned? Impressive! I have witnessed those vacuuming skills first hand...what a smart guy! I like the pic of you with the kids! The trike pic is super adorable! It is fun to see your creative pics as always! I think I finally understand your camera talk...yay for me!

Kelly said...

sorry...one more comment...I like your point system!

Amanda said...

Love your points system! It think you may have started a new trend...

Wow. Way to start on your homework right away. I am also having a hard time with white balance...and I think I am finally understanding the basics of our class but am still having a hard time putting it into action. You really cleared a lot of things up today---so +5 points to you:)

Very creative photos, I love the depth of field and how all of the photos feel so balanced. And the beautiful lighting.

And, by the way, what a good man you have!

Jess said...

Hiding behind the computer monitor in the public place group selfie... -5 points

But I'd add an extra 200 points (at least) for hubby cleaning.

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful day indeed! Great pics. Wish I was close enough to sneak in on that camera class with you all!

Unknown said...

Love your scoring system! Sounds like a very Good day!

Lisa said...

Yup, definitely a good day! I love seeing a photo of you with your kids. I'm sure it hard to get those when you're always the one taking the pics.

Kristen said...

I love the point system. Great! I don't understand white balance either - and my good camera has been in the shop the ENTIRE SUMMER! Seriously bummed. Oh well...

Kayla said...

What is this photo class you speak of? Is it like an online one? (I'm guessing this is an obvious 'yes'). Does it run during certain dates, or is it a "learn at your own speed and on your own time" kind of thing? I am interested...